Few materials can match the natural beauty and warmth of wood. Arco Painting and Services can bring out all the richness and charm in your woodwork with our wood staining and finishing services. With a strong focus on quality workmanship and lasting results, our painters can be trusted with your fine woodwork.
Arco Painting and Services staff is skilled and qualified to perform wood staining on all kinds of surfaces:
- Entry Doors & Interior Doors
- Staircases & Railings
- Wainscoting & Paneling
- Trim & Chair Rail
- Furniture & Bookcases
- Wood Flooring
- Cupboards & Cabinets
- Decks & Fences
With attention to detail and extensive knowledge of products and techniques, Arco Painting and Services can stain and seal your woodwork with fine results. We use high-quality wood stains to emphasize the depth and beauty of the wood grain, matching the color to coordinate with your décor. Our professional painters also apply protective coatings, such as polyurethane and other sealers.
All of our painters are carefully screened and trained, so that you can rest assured your home is in good hands. For wood staining services and other painting needs, contact us online or call our office.
What is gel stain?
Like fluid butter, thin-bodied stains go on thin and penetrate the surface. Because Gel Stains lie on a wood surface instead of soaking into it, they uniformly color porous and nonporous areas alike.
HOW DOES GEL STAIN COMPARE TO TRADITIONAL WOOD STAINS?
- Gel stain is applied to the surface of the wood but not rubbed-in like traditional stains; the application is more comparable to painting on multiple thin layers.
- The gel stain is thick like pudding, not a liquid.
- While gel stain does go on thick and sit on the surface of the wood, however you can still see and feel the natural wood grain beneath, unlike paint. With oak cabinets, the grain will be very evident post-staining.
- Gel stain does not require the product to be sanded to a raw wood finish. It can be applied over only lightly sanded pieces just as well.